Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Terris Letters--Letter #2

Dear Hope of Mankind,

I realized that I have failed to mention the premise of these letters in my last message. It has recently come to my attention that the Great Eclipse, the air in the center of our world that blesses us with Life and Magic, is being rapidly drained. If the Great Eclipse runs dry then our bodies will become nothing more than hollow shells. This is obviously an extreme concern, is it not? And yet the townsfolk here mull about on with their business. Fools!

And so today, I depart, journeying into the Far North in aspiration of someone who will heed my profound and generous knowledge. And yes, I did leave the people of my small, rugged town with some instructions should they ever decide to read them. More than likely they will be used hastily in the application of a particularly moist buttocks. Huh! If nothing else, someone will be comfortably clean while their bodies get hollowed out. Nothing like a clean buttock, I always say!

I have decided to bring only the minimal amount of supplies that are necessary for my journey. Food, water, clothes, and the five essential Elemental Tomes. Helpful in making fires, or warding off danger in a tight spot. My sky blues Mage robes have been cleaned, their blood red cuffs shining nicely, and I have finally worn in my traveling boots. But there is something that concerns me greatly. During the two Epicenters of the day--noon and midnight--my ears ring with a violent piercing cry that seems to fluctuate on a magical field. Perhaps this is a surge within the Great Eclipse? Or perhaps I need to stop eating gravied lamb during the day. I'm going to go with the latter.

And so I press forward with a high spirit, and--for once--an empty stomach praying that everything goes my way (because the Sages know it never does)! For now then, I bid you adieu, and hope for a brighter tomorrow.

*~--Terris Rolland the Bright--~*

No comments:

Post a Comment